Closed Case File: More Animal Mutilations

9 replies
Aptitude:
+102
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
SOURCE: https://sptnkne.ws/fceX

We already have an open case file on animal mutilations in Canada, but it seems that this phenomena is more widespread than we originally thought. This might be something that would make a good 2-for-1 special case for someone. These newest mutilations are taking place in the midwestern U.S. The FBI has released some documents but a source tells us that there is a lot of information that they are keeping secret. It would also be good to know if these are related in any way to the ones further north.

This is one for consultants with strong stomachs and a lot of patience. Animal mutilations seem to bring a lot of real crazies out of the woodwork so there will probably be a lot of bogus information to sift through for any small tidbits of truth. Still, if there's something out there cutting up livestock all over the world we probably need to know about it.
Posted Aug 26, 17 · OP · Last edited Aug 20, 18
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+100
Admins
Online on Site
Senior Consultant
Moving to Cold Cases.
craft-sig.png
Posted Jan 7, 18
Aptitude:
+10
NOVICE
Case Manager
Consultant
Loryne: I have a Templar associate who I'll be assisting with this. Just giving you guys a heads up. He`ll be the one to pick it up officially.
Kesyah - BDO (main)

Shanni Auclair - SWL (main)
Loryne Atwin - SWL (alt.)
Posted Aug 20, 18 · Last edited Aug 20, 18
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+102
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
No problem, Loryne. I will need the name of your associate who is assisting for our records. In the meantime, I will move this case to the active files.

M.
Posted Aug 20, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+10
NOVICE
Case Manager
Consultant
Loryne: Uh, yeah, that...person should get in touch with you, cause I don't really know them, but I was told by my headquarters that they were interested in this case and that they would get in touch with you directly. If the source is inaccurate and they're wasting our time, I'll find them and kick them where it hurts!
Kesyah - BDO (main)

Posted Aug 21, 18 · Last edited Aug 21, 18
List
Undo
To: management@knightsbridge.co.uk
CC: l.atwin@knightsbridge.co.uk
Subject: Animal Mutilations
Dear Sir/Madam,
It has come to the intelligence of my section that you have received a request to investigate numerous unexplained animal mutilations that have occurred in both Canada and the USA. In accordance with the Defence of the Realm Act 1914, (Privy Council Occult Threat Addendum) and at the behest of both Temple Hall I have been ordered to conduct an investigation into these mutilations. My section chief feels that it would be beneficial to all involved if there was collaboration between Knightsbridge Consulting, MI:11, and Temple Hall. Force Marshall Lewis has passed me the service record of one of your consultants, a Ms. Loryne Atwin. As she is both an employee of your organisation and Temple Hall, the Force Marshall believes she will make an excellent facilitator throughout the investigation. Additionally, her Canadian nationality and insight into the areas affected may be of great use. I appreciate that your organisation may require further administrative action on my behalf before I am able to access your files and as such I am prepared to make a formal application to work on this matter via your "Freelancer" program.

If you require any further information on my behalf, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to working with your organisation which, I might add, has a stellar reputation amongst the British investigative community.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Capt. Thomas S. Dundas
Posted Aug 31, 18 · Last edited Aug 31, 18
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+10
NOVICE
Case Manager
Consultant
Subject: Animal Mutilations

Case update by Loryne Atwin Consultant: Capt. Thomas S. Dundas and myself believe we have found the motive of the case; a cult wishing to bring about the return of the god Mot, ancient Canaanite god of death and the Underworld said to be worshipped by the people of Ugarit, by the Phoenicians, and also by the Hebrews of the Old Testament. We believe that the mutilations are ritualistic in nature and made by an obsidian scalpel or knife which would explain the precision of the tool used. More than likely the cows were moved by helicopter. We have a possible suspect from the department of biology from the University of Calgary. Capt. Dundas is planning to infiltrate the sorority house where the prime suspect resides.
Kesyah - BDO (main)

Posted Nov 26, 18 · Last edited Nov 26, 18
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+10
NOVICE
Case Manager
Consultant
Case Title: More Animal Mutilations

Consultants: Case Report for Loryne Atwin and Freelancer Captain Tom Dundas

Resolution: Tom and I traveled to Calgary Alberta to investigate reports of cattle mutilations in the area of Cochrane, about thirty minutes outside of Calgary. We met with Mr. Frederick Slattery and his son who had had five cows mutilated. We discovered that the cows had been moved from their original location. After inspecting the cows, all of which presented the same patterns of mutilations; their eyes, tongues, ears and reproductive organs cut and emptied with little blood on or around their corpse, Tom and I headed back to Calgary for the night to book into our rooms.

In the morning we went out to get some exercise, upon our return, Tom found a note left on his door with arcane symbols. After asking to see the films from the security cameras, Tom and I went to a library containing books on lore and ancient arcane knowledge. We found the reference the note with symbols made allusions to. It was on bringing about the return of the god Mot, ancient Canaanite god of death and the Underworld said to be worshipped by the people of Ugarit, by the Phoenicians, and also by the Hebrews of the Old Testament. Followers of this cult believe that by performing ritualistic kills on cows they well bring about darkness to the world and the return of their god to defeat the god Baal.

Case Write Up: Returning to the hotel with this information, we then viewed the recordings from the hallway cameras on our floor. It was clear the camera had been tampered with. Martine Leclerc, the hotel manager provided us with the name of an employee and our first suspect in the case. A young bio-chemistry student, Roger Wickers from the University of Calgary. Tom was able to get information from him. It was clear however, after we interviewed him that he was covering for someone else, the head of a sorority house leader by the name of James McKnight. Roger seemed very afraid of him and the repercussions he might face if McKnight learned that we had been alerted to the fact that we learned that he was responsible for getting Roger to place the note on Tom’s door.

Figuring it would be best to lay low for a period of 24 hours before we came up with a plan, we left the hotel and went to a visit friends of mine in Canmore, Alberta. We returned the following day. Tom infiltrated the building byy triggering the fire alarm inside the sorority house. With everyone out, I managed to locate McKnight and falsely accused him of trying to start a fire to have him detained. Tom was able to locate a secret area in the basement where he found a ritual alter with the head of a cow and a working area where the cows had been brought. The obsidian knife I suspected was the instrument used in the ritualistic mutilations of the cows was found. Templar associates have taken McKnight and his four associates into custody. The main sorority was not aware of his cult activities and were used as a cover up.

Follow up Actions: The Templars will detain McKnight and his co-conspirators for an indefinite time or until they judge he will no longer be a threat if he is released. They also detain all tomes found at the site by Tom. The ritual knife is in our safe and we will have to check out whether it is more than just an ordinary, but very precise surgical instrument.
Kesyah - BDO (main)

Posted Dec 9, 18 · Last edited Dec 9, 18
Case Report
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+101
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
Excellent work, Loryne. We really do not need any more ancient gods turning up on our doorstep.
Convey my congratulations to Captain Dundas as well.
Hadden 'Atrus' Pertwee
Knightsbridge Consulting
"We are the kolbitar, the coal-eaters; we sit by the fire in winter and tell stories of a younger world."
Posted Dec 10, 18
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+10
NOVICE
Case Manager
Consultant
Thank-you, Sir. I certainly will. :)
Kesyah - BDO (main)