Main Forum
Page
of 5

The Pusher--Associated Case File: The Bristol/Manchester Pusher (Open to Consultants & Interns)

46 replies
Aptitude:
+8
NOVICE
Consultant
Michael doesn't look overly surprised at the mention of the water dwelling creature, but does frown at the River Man's mentioning of it being able to take on human form.
"I'd heard the stories about them being able to turn into horses and drown anyone who tried to ride them. I'd never heard the version about them being able to pass as people before." he paused, rubbing his goatee in thought.
Michael Smith
Consultant of Knightsbridge Consulting
gold_saber.knightsbridge@yahoo.com
https://twitter.com/gold_saber
Posted Nov 25, 18
Harry looks around, suddenly apprehensive. He looks uncomfortable as he begins to speak. "The police told me to stay out of it, to stick to the river. I couldn't stand the thought of poor folk though being munched on like that so I stuck my nose in where I shouldn't. I began to watch the banks of the river at night, there's not many spots where something could happen. I wasn't expecting much but I had to do something. Anyway, one night I saw them. There was three young blokes. It was right queer. One was a well-dressed, bonny lad. The other was a young priest in his vestments, and the third looked like one of the lads who sleep rough down by the station. I couldn't get close enough to hear what they were saying. There was a short argument and then the well-dressed lad seemed to... shimmer I guess?Like when the road looks hazy on a hot day. Very next thing is the bonny-lad's gone and there's the kelpie, diving into the river and dragging the beggar with it. I'm ashamed to say I fair pissed my pants and got out of there. I found the lad's body the next day."
Posted Dec 3, 18
Aptitude:
+103
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
Maya looks at Michael and Sal when Harry mentions a priest, thinking it may be best for the three of them to discuss what Michael's learned once the river man leaves. "Do you recall anything in particular about his body?"

She winces a bit at the indelicate form of her question. "Sorry. I mean, aside from the obvious. Any marks or anything unusual that you recall?"
Posted Dec 8, 18 · OP
Harry stands, a mix of fear and anguish on his face. "Look, there were no mark, alright? The police said he'd drowned, that there was nothing unnatural. I'm telling you, it was a damn kelpie that killed that lad." With that Harry began to pull his coat on and stormed out of the bar, cursing in a thick Glaswegian accent under his breath.
Posted Dec 14, 18
Aptitude:
+103
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
Maya is silent for a few moments, blinking a bit. "Well, that went well," she says dryly.

Turning to Michael, she gives a sigh. "I hope that you have some good news for us, at least? Any sort of lead?"
Posted Dec 15, 18 · OP
Aptitude:
+8
NOVICE
Consultant
Michael nods, pulling a manila folder out from inside his jacket and placing it on the table.
"Well, Mr. McMahon had quite the.... interesting time in seminary. He had a bit of a reputation as having a "fire and brimstone" view on people who "live in sin", amongst the other up and coming priests.”
He paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts. “I did manage to get in contact with one of his old friends, who’d been assigned to a church near there. He said the oddest things he could recall about McMahon was he had a cord necklace he was ridiculously protective of, and that he had a friend who would just show up randomly in the seminary, but would always manage to disappear before one of the higher ups showed up. And this friend supposedly was fairly tall, and had long, black hair. Does that sound like anyone we’ve heard about recently to either of you?”
He tapped the folder. “There was also a string of mysterious drownings near the seminary, during the last few years that McMahon was there, with very, very similar circumstances to the ones we’re looking at.”
Michael Smith
Consultant of Knightsbridge Consulting
gold_saber.knightsbridge@yahoo.com
https://twitter.com/gold_saber
Posted Dec 18, 18
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+103
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
Maya listens and nods. "A tall friend with long black hair. Sounds like the sort of friend that at least one of our victims may have had from some of the descriptions in the police reports. Perhaps we need to make another visit to McMahon?"

"I don't recall any necklace, but at the time I wasn't really looking for one either. Speaking with him again may give us a chance to see what he is trying to hide."
Posted Jan 6, 19 · OP
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices