Page
of 4

Office Roleplay, Matthew's desk.

31 replies
Aptitude:
+5
NOVICE
Consultant
Matt is taken aback a little upon hearing this. "Morality is also a funny thing. While I personally agree, that those men deserved what they got, I'm no supreme authority on much of anything. A little tip though, I may be paranoid and all, but forgive me, I used to work in Intel afterall... Stuff like that, You should really make sure that only the intended recipient hears, and that they are completely trustworthy. I'm not saying I'm not, I just happen to know that most people in the Secret World would jump at the chance to use info like that against you."

He sighs wearily. "Don't get me wrong, I have no such intentions, but you should be really careful about who you trust. Guess I'm conditioned to be paranoid, but I also learned that the hard way. In any case, for what its worth, I think you did the right thing and... I'd say I hope those bastards are burning in Hell, but I've been to Hell and it doesn't work like that. Still, they deserved it and more. I would probably have done the same, but as I said, it's all subjective. Unfortunately I've yet to meet anyone who can objectively decide whats morally right or wrong, though I've met way too many who think they can."

"As for Templars taking care of their own, I'll take your word for it. I have heard... conflicting information about that. I prefer to put my trust in a select group of people who have earned it, rather than any organization. I mean, yeah, I work for the Council, but I don't trust them on much of fuckin' anything, they got my back exactly as long as I'm useful to them."

He lets out a deep breath, slowly shaking his head. "I got real calloused over the last year or so huh? Anyway, about your magic, that is actually pretty amazing. I didn't have any formal training either, and as you can probably tell if you're sensitive, I'm not exactly a heavy hitter in the power department. I do have some neat little tricks I can use to circumwent that, mostly learned through research and experimentation. Some of them are not pretty, but all of them are very efficient. I do try to avoid having to actually fight anyone face to face, but I'm far from helpless."
Posted Feb 2, 19 · OP
Aptitude:
+3
TRAINED
Consultant
Isabella nods, still speaking in a low tone of voice. "That's why I'm lowering my voice. So that no one but you could hear. Should be able to hear. Because I trust you. But what if someone's planted a microphone in your cubicle? Or maybe they have super hearing. But I don't think anyone here would jeopardize their position with KBC. I just get that feeling."

Isabella takes a deep breath and nods. "And yeah. I am being careful. Or trying to be. Meaning that I don't tell anyone I don't think I can trust." Isabella then shrugs. "I don't care about them burning in Hell. I just care about the fact that they're dead. And for what it's worth....let's just say that some of them didn't go cleanly. Quickly, but not cleanly."

"And....well, of course there are conflicting reports about how the Templars handle their people. I suppose it all depends on who your handler is. There are people within the Templars who care about their operatives, who almost treat them like family and possess a degree of empathy." She sighs. "But there are also those Templars to whom the meaning of the word empathy is a foreign concept. They don't give a fuck about you, plain and simple, and they would sacrifice you in an instant if it was neccessary." Isabella scratches an itch on top of her head. "You may know some of this already, but the former "good" Templars generally fall into the New Blood category, while the latter "asshat" Templars are generally part of the old guard, the Old Bloods. As you might have guessed, the Old Blood Templars are the traditionalists. Dame Julia is a prime example. They're old, cold and stale. The reason they don't give a fuck about any one person is probably because they've never been fucked. Literally. As in, gotten laid." Isabella smirks and chuckles softly at her silly jab. "I have no idea why I emphasised that, but I did. Let's move on."

Isabella nods and grins. "I know, I find telekinesis to be one of the most useful types of magic in practice. I can rip a gun out of someone's hands from a distance and telekinetically levitate and throw a full set of kitchen knives at someone. But I required formal training to use any type of magic other than telekinesis. And I actually prefer to fight opponents face to face. I'll admit that I enjoy it. As such, I have also trained in physical combat. Japanese swordsmanship. Krav maga. Pistol techniques. And I've been training to use assault rifles for several months now."
Posted Feb 10, 19 · Last edited Feb 10, 19
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices