Page
of 2

Closed Case file: Ruins of Demon House

18 replies
Aptitude:
+2
TRAINED
Consultant
Well, I just wrote the report on my current case. First one done! I'll be ready after the weekend. Say, Monday?
Posted Sep 22, 18
Aptitude:
+2
TRAINED
Consultant
Alright, John! Are you ready for this? I'll be travelling to Gary today. I can meet you there.
Posted Sep 24, 18
Aptitude:
+1
TRAINED
Consultant
Sounds like a plan. I'll meet you out there. ((This is going to be dones through Forum RP, so the case report may be a little delayed. It'll be posted after the RP, which is taking place HERE))
Sumo is the most perfect of sports. It has elegance, ceremony, danger, art, speed, and, most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. It is immaculate, which is why is has remained essentially unchanged for thousands of years. It remains the only thing in the world that I want to see remain static. The only thing I love that loves me back.
Posted Sep 24, 18 · Last edited Sep 24, 18
Aptitude:
+2
TRAINED
Consultant
Just out of curiosity; are you using Agartha, or are you travelling by commercial aircraft?
Posted Sep 24, 18
Aptitude:
+1
TRAINED
Consultant
Case Title: Ruins of Demon House
Consultants: Kole, Johnathon, Malleus, Isabella
Resolution: While investigating we found an open Hell Portal. Cultists were responsible for maintaining the portal and allowing demons to enter our world. The hell Rift was closed and the demons that had been released had been taken care of.

Case Write Up: Me. Malleus and I arrived in Gary by Agartha. Arrangements had been made, planning on a three day investigation. We had dinner at the Paragon Restaurant where we both noticed some irregularities in some of the clientele. They were nearly emaciated and seemed to move strangely. I called my sister Vanessa Kole to see if she could draw any similarities to other supernatural creatures. She came up largely empty for a time.

While Ms. Kole checked through her resources we returned to the hotel to formulate a plan. We geared up for some reconnaissance before we set a plan of action in stone. Unfortunately, I triggered an alarm ward and brought roughly a half dozen of the skeletal townspeople running towards us. We were forced to dispatch with the attackers as quickly as possible, not knowing how many there could possibly be.

Ms. Kole called with information regarding the townsfolk. These were actually demons masquerading as the townfolks.f We've come to refer to them as Skinsuits. We tracked the origin point of the demons and found a passage to an underground chamber where we found the portal as well as a group of cultists. There were several casualties among the cultists as they refused to leave. Their leader, Jenny, was the key to keeping the portal open using a tablet that had started to meld with her body. We were told that killing Jenny was the way to close the portal. We, fortunately, found another way. We removed the stone from Jenny's chest and destroyed it, severing her tie to the portal. The portal closed and the tablet was destroyed. A Templar clean-up team was called to take care of the bodies and try to find the other 'skinsuits'. Jenny was taken into custody by the cleanup crew and we returned to London via Agartha.

A full accounting of the investigation can be found HERE

Follow Up Actions: No further action should be required. With the portal closed the demonic activity has been taken care of. The Templar have taken care of the rampant demons We should consider this case closed as far as concerns of our contract go.
Sumo is the most perfect of sports. It has elegance, ceremony, danger, art, speed, and, most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. It is immaculate, which is why is has remained essentially unchanged for thousands of years. It remains the only thing in the world that I want to see remain static. The only thing I love that loves me back.
Posted Nov 18, 18 · Last edited Nov 18, 18
Case Report
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+6
NOVICE
Consultant
Good work the pair of you. The last thing we need at the moment is yet another demonic incursion. Isabella, when you get chance, please contribute your report as well.
Posted Nov 18, 18
Aptitude:
+2
TRAINED
Consultant
Thank you, sir. And yes, I will. I didn't think a report from me would be needed, and I apologize for that assumption. I'll write one as soon as I can.
Posted Nov 19, 18
Aptitude:
+100
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
An addendum is fine, Isabella, it doesn't have to be a full report.
Hadden 'Atrus' Pertwee
Knightsbridge Consulting
"We are the kolbitar, the coal-eaters; we sit by the fire in winter and tell stories of a younger world."
Posted Nov 19, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+2
TRAINED
Consultant
Case Report Addendum: Ruins of Demon House

While having dinner at the Paragon Restaurant, in addition to noticing the emaciated features of some of the clientele, I also picked up on a faint but strange magical aura. This was either due to the presence of the skinsuit-wearing demons, or due to the presence of Jenny, the girl with the tablet in her body, who was our waitress while we dined there. We had no idea that she was aligned with the cult at the time, but John remarked that she seemed too nice. Suspiciously nice, as if she was over-acting. I also alerted the Templar clean-up team after the skinsuits attacked us but before we entered the passage that led us to the portal. As for follow-up actions, the Templars should keep a closer eye on Gary following these events.
Posted Nov 20, 18
Case Report
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices