Main Forum

Closed Case File: The Hood Witch

4 replies
We've been offered a Council contract to investigate yet another internet sensation. Bri Luna, aka The Hood Witch, is an up and coming internet sensation. She's bringing the mythos of the curandera to the modern generation via social media. At the moment her message is one of positivity and good vibes but the Council are concerned that she may be practicing actual magic and in doing so expose the Secret World or even dabble in something she doesn't understand. If she's on the level and there's no real magic involved the Council are happy for things to continue as they are, if she's an actual witch then they would like her directed to the nearest Council recruiter.

http://www.thehoodwitch.com/
http://www.thehoodwitch.com/about
https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/mb5gja/the-hoodwitch-is-changing-the-face-of-modern-witchcraft
Posted Nov 21, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+3
TRAINED
Consultant
"I would like to take this case."
enjin-246146-514217-gray.png
Posted Jan 23, 19
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+10
NOVICE
Case Manager
Consultant
The case is yours Joe, let me know if you need anything.
Kesyah - BDO (main)

Shanni Auclair - SWL (main)
Loryne Atwin - SWL (alt.)
Posted Jan 24, 19
Aptitude:
+3
TRAINED
Consultant
Case Title: The HoodWitch
Consultants: Joseph Santangelo
Resolution: Turned over to the Council of Venice
Case Write Up: I researched the Hoodwitch’s site and articles that mostly praise her open practice of witchcraft. Poured through all the public information and her own words; they are sincere about the ‘greater good’. Something at the back of my mind nagged me. Deciding to investigate and digging deeper I found the personal information needed to pay a visit. While rereading the interview during travel, it became very clear that she is seeking for her ‘5 minutes of fame’.
Upon arriving where she set up shop, I watched from a distance at the flow of visitors. Most seem typical shoppers, leaving with materials they did not have when they entered. Moving somewhere closer but out of site; later that evening. I began to notice some folks enter that appear to be healthy as they enter, but leave looking exhausted. I decided waiting further would only cause an issue not likely to bounce back from. I entered the shop hiding my blade and elemental focus.
I immediately felt a slight drain of my physical and mental energy, and noticed she wasn’t around. Noticing a curtain covered door, I slipped myself over and peeked inside carefully. Our concerns, as well as the Council’s seemed reasonable. While I could not identify exactly what’s going on; the feeling of the drain of the shops was stronger as I neared the ritual altar. She saw me, and grabbed her athame and held it while facing me.
Greeting her as politely as I could, I defaced the symbol on the floor; disrupting the ritual. I offered her two choices; come with me peacefully or I would force her to. She apparently did not like her choices, lunging at me with her blade. I sidestepped and struck her in the back of her head; knocking her out. I trusses her up, and called the Council to pick her up.
Follow Up Actions: Keep in touch with the Council about the matter.
enjin-246146-514217-gray.png
Posted Jan 31, 19
Case Report
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+101
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
Sounds like she was harvesting energy for some reason. Let's hope the Council can find a way to convince her to use her powers actually for good.
Good job on this one.
Hadden 'Atrus' Pertwee
Knightsbridge Consulting
"We are the kolbitar, the coal-eaters; we sit by the fire in winter and tell stories of a younger world."
Posted Feb 2, 19
NoticeNotices