Main Forum

Closed Case file: Goat Gives Birth to Pig-Man

5 replies
Aptitude:
+101
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/farmers-goat-gives-birth-half-13616623 (WARNING: graphic images)

A goat in Sultan Kudarat, Philippines, gave birth to an odd pig/human-looking hybrid. The goat, the creature, and the other kid, all died soon after birth due to complications, but it’s still a mystery what caused this abnormal mutation to happen in the first place. Some talk of a sign of the apocalypse, others of possible Orochi projects in the area. We have been asked to investigate and find out if this was anything more than a freak accident of nature.
Hadden 'Atrus' Pertwee
Knightsbridge Consulting
"We are the kolbitar, the coal-eaters; we sit by the fire in winter and tell stories of a younger world."
Posted Dec 7, 18 · OP
Aptitude:
+3
TRAINED
Consultant
Angel and I would like to take this case!
Posted Jan 2, 19
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+12
NOVICE
Case Manager
Consultant
I'm marking you both down as active on this case, Klaus. Let me know if you require any assistance.
Kesyah - BDO (main)

Shanni Auclair - SWL (main)
Loryne Atwin - SWL (alt.)
Posted Jan 3, 19 · Last edited Jan 5, 19
Aptitude:
+4
TRAINED
Consultant
Case Title:Goat Gives Birth to Pig-Man

Consultants: Angelique Richter, Klaus von Richter

Resolution: Comforted a somewhat depressed tikbalang and smoothed over relations with a local bruja after a case of mistaken identity and loss. Learning note: Who knew there was an Occult Tinder?

Case Write Up: Arrived in Sultan Kudarat with Klaus von Richter and spoke with the local elder about the case. We noted there was no new nor unusual activity from any local companies or businesses in the area. We were shown to the bodies and Klaus noted there was a faint aura of magic upon the goat that gave birth, but nothing upon the deceased offsprings.

We were then referred to the local bruja, the keeper of local secrets and customs. Here, we ran into a minor issue based upon translation and the fact that evening had fallen. The bruja mistook Klaus for an Ekek and tried to attack us, or more accurately defend her home.

After communication was established and the language barrier remedied, we were able to glean from the bruja that there has been recent activity with a tikbalang that hasn’t been seen in the area in a long time. She was able to give us a spell to track the creature to its lair.

Once we managed to confront it, it requested parley. Again, there was a minor language barrier, but we overcame the difficulty with our EyePhones. The creature bid us to sit with it and hear its tale.

Years ago, the tikbalang was in love with a mortal human from the village. The love was not only forbidden, but also brought shame and dishonor upon the mortal. The mortal was cursed to spend the rest of its life as a goat and the tikbalang was hunted and cursed to sleep for fifty years.

Upon waking, it returned to find its mate still a goat. They were working upon finding a cure, but until then there were rendezvous, causing the goat to become pregnant and have the tikbalang’s children. Alas, the goat and children did not survive the childbirth, and we found ourselves comforting a very sad tikbalang.

Rather than have it wreak havoc upon the village, we did some internet searches and showed it some of the advances in technology in the past fifty years. While we cannot return the goat/ cursed woman back to him, we were able to help it contact more modern and savvy creatures of its own kind in order to spare any hasty decisions.

Klaus most particularly made the tikbalang feel much better and that there was hope for it to find others to talk to in this time of need.

Follow Up Actions: We are keeping in contact via technology with both the bruja and the tikbalang in order to prevent any further incidents in the village or any others nearby.

We will most likely be scheduling another visit in about a month to check in on both the tikbalang and the bruja.
Posted Feb 2, 19
Case Report
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+101
TRAINED
Admins
Senior Consultant
While this tale had a tragic end for the cursed goat/woman, it's good to know that you found a way to help the tikbalang move on without taking vengeance.

On the other hand, I'm half interested in knowing how a farmer failed to notice that his goat lived for over 50 years. Probably part of the curse, but geez.
Hadden 'Atrus' Pertwee
Knightsbridge Consulting
"We are the kolbitar, the coal-eaters; we sit by the fire in winter and tell stories of a younger world."
Posted Feb 3, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Aptitude:
+3
TRAINED
Consultant
It was indeed tragic. So very many people looked the other way after the cruelties they committed or were complicit in.

Here is my additional report:

Case Title: Goat Gives Birth to Pig-Man

Consultants: Klaus von Richter, Angelique von Richter

Resolution: Made acquaintances with two individuals: a friendly witch after resolving issues that resulted in near-assault for being mistaken as a bird of a more dastardly sort and a tikbalang whom we gave encouragement and comfort to whose love and child had been lost.

Case Write Up: Angelique von Richter and I went to Sultan Kudarat, Philippines to investigate the strange reported ‘half-pig half-human’. Our first order of business was to determine whether any suspicious activity from surrounding known societies or corporations in the area could have been a potential cause or at least lead. There were no other incidents of similar cases or otherwise unusual births of an unexplained nature in the vicinity that struck us as related.

Upon our arrival to the farm itself to inspect the unfortunate goat(s), I recognized a faint residue of magic around the mother goat corpse. Something supernatural was distinctly afoot.

With that in mind, we searched for the local expert on magicks in the area and were referred to a mangkukulam of local renown.

She thought I was a vampiric bird who feasts upon the pregnant at night and was incredibly hostile. Even while writing this, I do not understand how. I don’t make ek-ek-ek noises and I don’t suck blood or feast on babies!

Despite my panic, Angel was swift to diffuse the situation and calm our new acquaintance, whom told us about a Tikbalang that had once frequented the area. In addition, she aided us by providing a spell capable of more swiftly tracking such beings. She was particularly nice after nearly assaulting me.

Thanks to her, we found the tikbalang, who wanted simply to talk to us when we approached. He seemed very, very distraught at the time, and so we sat beside him and listened.

He was indeed sad.

His lover had been cursed into the form of a goat and shunned by her family for her relationship with him. They were not nice at all. He had been placed under a magically induced sleep after being chased from the area, and only recently had awoken and begun his search for her.

Ecstatic at finding her once more, even in a form not the one she originally held, the two had intercourse and ultimately a magical child. Neither mother nor child survived.

It broke him to have lost her after finally seeing her again, and so we sat and talked and comforted.

We provided means of communication and interaction so that if he ever wishes, he will have ways to contact us or begin to heal.

He is not alone.

Follow Up Actions: Both witch and tikbalang are now our friend-acquaintances, and we will keep in communication with them to see how things develop and if the tikbalang is able to find happiness once more.
Posted Feb 4, 19
Case Report
List
Undo
NoticeNotices