Page
of 5

Case Activity: Demonic Possession and You: How Not to Spend a Few Days in Spain

46 replies
Aptitude:
+5
NOVICE
Consultant
The creature, covered in thick plates and spikes of many and varied sizes swings it's head and bellows, all eyes currently focusing on Hervens. Words unintelligible save for those with the right sorts of knowledge fall from its mouth. "You know not what you meddle with, little mage. I wi.." The demon's words are stopped short as it finds the room confining, the wards not letting it crush it's way through the floor above and attain its full height. John actually chuckles as the demon suddenly realizes its predicament, it's blazing eyes refocusing on John. It swings its clawed arm at him, easily missing him and being paid for the error with several shells into its arm, bone and muscle tearing under the armor piercing rounds and the appendage hangs loosely.

The demon is clearly in pain, howling in those unintelligible words. "I will feast upon your family's entrails before I put this world under my heel, mortal!" The demon swings it's other arm at Hervens, dropping to a crouching position and stalking after him on its three good limbs.
Sumo is the most perfect of sports. It has elegance, ceremony, danger, art, speed, and, most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. It is immaculate, which is why is has remained essentially unchanged for thousands of years. It remains the only thing in the world that I want to see remain static. The only thing I love that loves me back.
Posted Mar 2, 19 · OP
Aptitude:
+1
TRAINED
Consultant
Hervens moves into a defensive stance, letting the demon come to him. As it lunges, Hervens ducks out of the way and at the same time swinging his sword around to hack off the already injured arm. The creature lets out a piercing cry, grabbing for the missing limb. Hervens exploits it pain to cast another spell: "Motus Paratis!" He shouts, pointing his sword at the demon. It abruptly freezes in place, though it visibly struggles against the binding. "John!" Hervens says directing his attention at his partner. "Kill it now, I can't hold it for long!"
Posted Mar 3, 19
Aptitude:
+5
NOVICE
Consultant
John nods, pulling the trigger several times, each squeeze a cloud of smoke and a brief flash before slamming into the neck and skull of the demon. Flesh and armor tears and drops from each wound before there is the hollow sound of an empty chamber. The demon's head lolls and droops, the muscles severed to its neck and shoulders. John loads several more shells into the shotgun, a handful of red shells. Flames fly from the barrel as he empties several more rounds of flaming phosphorus and it howls, slumping to the ground. Moments pass and the creature lays motionless, the horrific smell of burnt demon and the equivalent of sorcerous ozone coupled with the smell of gunpowder and various elements fill the room.

John slides several more shells into the shotgun in case the demon has any other surprises in store for them. Once was more than enough for John for one afternoon. He gives Hervens a thumbs up and grins. "So, we got to take out a demon anyway. I guess it wasn't a total loss." He looks over the remains of Senora Sanchez and then to the demon carcass. "You'd probably better burn everything in this room to make sure they don't catch wind of anything too far beyond their comprehension. I'd hate the orderlies to develop a sense of ethics suddenly and come down to find a demon corpse and the shredded remains of the lady we'd brought down. Would you like to call the Council or would you rather call the local police and let them know the outcome? We should get things taken care of as soon as possible."
Sumo is the most perfect of sports. It has elegance, ceremony, danger, art, speed, and, most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. It is immaculate, which is why is has remained essentially unchanged for thousands of years. It remains the only thing in the world that I want to see remain static. The only thing I love that loves me back.
Posted Mar 3, 19 · OP
Aptitude:
+1
TRAINED
Consultant
Hervens lets out a brief sigh of relief. He releases the magic and lets his body relax. "I can't burn her body. It runs the risk of this room catching on fire too, plus there needs to be a corpse for an autopsy or at least a report to the Council of Venice. As for the demon I can send it back to the Nevernever." With that he approaches the demon's corpse, kneeling as he places a hand on the floor near it. "Appartum," is all he says creating a portal underneath the demon. The portal swallows the demon up and vanishes as Hervens quickly closes it. He stands back up and faces John. "This got messy quickly, but I'm glad it didn't get worse." He then goes around the room as he begins removing the arcane bindings that held the demon.
Posted Mar 3, 19
Aptitude:
+5
NOVICE
Consultant
"Yeah, that's true. I just hope that they're satisfied with what's left." He looks around and watched Hervens as he deconstructs the scene. He leaves the room and pulls his phone from his pocket to make the appropriate phone calls to the local police. He informs them of the situation...loosely. There are certain details that are left out and that they had contractors that they'd call in to take care of the situation. He left the phone call to the Council to Hervens, as he didn't have the best of relationships with them. He helped with what needed to be done to the room and packed his equipment up, waiting for agents of the Council to deal with the body of Senora Sanchez. The police were curious as to what needed to be cleaned up but John was used to dealing with the situation and the stipulations of the contract that if something supernatural were in fact found that they would clean the situation up to the best of theirs, and their contractors abilities. As soon as the mess was cleaned up and the attention had died down some John was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief and double-checked that his equipment was sorted to his satisfaction and he turns to Hervens. "Not every case goes like this, but there's enough snags often enough that the weird is pretty much the norm on these. Not too bad for your first case with us. I think we've got this thing all wrapped up except for the report. Think it's time for a drink to relax."
Posted Mar 3, 19 · OP
Aptitude:
+1
TRAINED
Consultant
Hervens dusts his hands off as he finishes the cleanup and packs his equipment. "I can agree to that," he says with a grin. "I'll make sure to call the Council when we get back to the hotel. How about we head back from there? I'm ready to go home and we can have that drink back in my town. New Orleans is nice this time of year."
Posted Mar 3, 19
Aptitude:
+5
NOVICE
Consultant
"Been quite a few years since Ive been there for something other than business. You've got it. You've got Mardi Gras starting not too terribly far off from now as well. Could be a good time after all." He picks up his equipment and they walk back to the hotel and checks out. He gathers the rest of his gear and they walk back to the Anima well, using the Agartha to stash his equipment in London and then on to New Orleans for several to many drinks and a day or two of relaxation.
Posted Mar 3, 19 · OP
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices